- 2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion processedfood processor (or very finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste
- 3 hard-boiled eggs chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley optional
Cook chicken in salted water to cover.
Remove chicken (reserve broth) and finely chop chicken.
Heat oil in a 3-quart saucepan.
Add onion and stir constantly until soft but not brown.
Gradually stir in flour; continue to cook until flour is warm and thick but not brown.
Add milk 1/2 cup at a time whisking briskly until fully incorporated.
Stir in 2 cups chicken broth (save anything over 2 cups for another use; add milk to make 2 cups if necessary).
Add chicken, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Mix well and simmer 20 minutes over low heat.
Stir in eggs and parsley just before serving, if desired.
[adsanity_rotating align="aligncenter" time="10" group_id="8696" max_width="200"/]
[adsanity_rotating align="aligncenter" time="10" group_id="8699" max_width="200"/]