Working Person’s Pastry
December 30, 2019
Print Recipe Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Working Person's Pastry
- Pasty Dough:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 6 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 cups cubed carrots
- 2 cups cubed rutabaga
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine flour and salt; cut in shortening.
- Place egg and vinegar into a measuring cup; add water to make 1 cup.
- Blend dry and liquid ingredients until a soft dough is formed.
- Add additional flour if dough is too soft.
- Divide dough into 6 parts and roll into 6 individual circles.
- Combine vegetables and beef; season to taste.
- Divide filling onto the 6 circles, placing the filling on half of each circle.
- Brush the edges of each circle with water and fold half the circle over the filling.
- Crimp the edges to seal well.
- Do not prick.
- Place Working Person's Pastry Recipe on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for one hour.