December 30, 2019
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Facebook Add Your CollectionAdd Your Collection
- 2 whole trout pan-dressed, 10-ounce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Rinse and pat dry trout.
- Season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Dredge trout in flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over high heat until melted.
- Add trout and brown both sides.
- Lower heat to medium and cook 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Remove trout to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Wipe out pan and add remaining butter.
- Cook butter over medium heat until it just begins to brown.
- Add almonds and lightly brown them.
- Pour sauce over fish and sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley.
- Garnish Trout Amandine with fresh lemon slices if desired.