“Rags to Riches” Bean Soup
January 31, 2020
Print Recipe Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
"Rags to Riches" Bean Soup
- 2 cups dried great Northern beans
- 1 small white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 ham hock
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 potato diced
- 1/2 teaspoon season-all
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can rotel tomatoes Dried parsley optional, 10-ounce
- Soak cleaned beans overnight; drain.
- Add beans and remaining ingredients, except tomatoes and parsley, to a large stockpot and cover with water by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer about 1 hour; stir and add additional water, if needed.
- Add tomatoes and simmer another hour.
- Add a couple dashes dried parsley last few minutes, if desired.