Lemon Meringue Pie
June 3, 2019
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Facebook Add Your CollectionAdd Your Collection
Pecan Cottage Favorite Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup (plus 2 tbsp) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 egg yolks, well beaten use whites for meringue
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 9 inch pie shell baked
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ⅔ cup sugar
- Blend sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt in medium saucepan.
- Add lemon juice, rind, cold water, beaten egg yolks, blending until very smooth.
- Add boiling water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, then boil 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir filling occasionally until warm.
- When cook, add to baked pie shell.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar, gradually, beating until stiff.
- Apply to top of pie filling making sure to flip a few curls for panache.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 13 minutes.