Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe
February 25, 2020
Print Recipe Add Your CollectionAdd Your Collection
Orange Cranberry Bread
- 1 orange
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries or 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts and/or 1/2 cup golden raisins optional
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Boil approximately 1 cup water on stove top or in microwave.
- Grate peel from orange and set aside.
- Cut orange in half and squeeze juice into a 1- or 2-cup liquid measure.
- Add enough boiling water to make 3/4 cup.
- Add grated orange peel and butter; stir until butter is melted.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and egg together; add orange mixture and mix until well blended.
- Add cranberries plus nuts and/or raisins if desired.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add small amounts of flour mixture to liquid mixture blending well after each addition until all is fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake Orange Cranberry Bread at 325 degrees for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
If you love Banana Nut Bread then you are sure to enjoy this Orange Cranberry Bread. This recipe is so tasty and very easy to make. The smell is just divine. The mixture of cranberry and orange will have your mouth watering. You can try this recipe and others like it in our Great American Cookbooks!