April 27, 2020
Yield: 8 to 12 wedges.Print Recipe Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
- 1½ cups cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimentos
- 2 jalapeño peppers chopped fine (optional)
- ½ onion chopped fine
- 1 cup grated sharp cheese divided
- Mix together all ingredients, except cheese.
- Pour half of batter in well-greased baking dish or iron skillet.
- Top with ½ cup cheese.
- Add remaining batter and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350° oven 1 hour or until golden brown.