January 2, 2020
Print Recipe Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
- 1 can jackfruit drained, 20-ounce
- 1 lemon juiced
- Olive oil for frying or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Rinse jackfruit thoroughly and place in a bowl.
- Cut into smaller pieces, if desired.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and marinate 15 minutes.
- Preheat oil in a skillet over medium high heat to 300°.
- In a plastic bag, add flour and seasonings; shake until well combined.
- Dredge jackfruit pieces in flour, ensuring a thick coating.
- Carefully drop into preheated oil, frying 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Do not overcrowd skillet.
- Drain on paper towels and enjoy.