Granny’s Mississippi French Toast
January 31, 2020
Print Recipe Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Granny's Mississippi French Toast
- 4 to 5 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon or more to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon French vanilla coffee creamer
- 10 to 12 pieces texas toast Butter
- Beat eggs.
- Add milk, cinnamon, brown sugar and creamer; beat well.
- Soak each piece of bread evenly in egg mixture, and pan-fry in a skillet with hot butter until golden and puffed.
- Sprinkle with more brown sugar, if desired.
- Serve hot.
- Top with strawberries, blueberries or pecans, if desired.
- Baking Method:
- Layer half the toast in a baking dish, cover with half the egg mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Chill 1 to 2 hours, and then bake at 350° about 40 minutes or until golden and puffed.