April 27, 2020
Yield: 4 dozen cookies.Print Recipe Pin Recipe Facebook Add Your CollectionAdd Your Collection
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 pound 2⅔ cups chopped dates
- 1 cup fruitcake mix
- ½ cup candied cherries chopped
- 1½ cups chopped assorted nuts, pecans, filberts, walnuts
- In large mixing bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, beating until combined.
- Fold in fruits and nuts.
- Chill batter.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12 minutes.
- Store baked cookies in airtight container overnight to soften.