Easy Drop Homemade Biscuits for Breakfast
March 15, 2019
Easy Drop Biscuits for Breakfast
No rolling and no cutting make these delicious, basic biscuits super easy!Print Recipe Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cups ½milk
- 1/4 cup buttered flavored shortening
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place 2 tablespoons shortening onto a small cookie sheet and place in oven while it is heating.
- Cut shortening into flour (you can use a pastry tool, a knife and a fork, OR I simply use my spoon to press the shortening against the side of the bowl, then stir it back into the flour) until evenly distributed.
- Add 1 cup milk and stir vigorously until completely incorporated.
- Add remaining ½ cup milk a little at a time, stirring vigorously each time, until you have a smooth, slightly loose dough.
- Remove heated cookie sheet from oven and drop biscuits by the spoonful into the hot oil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes (or until brown on top).
- Note: If it takes you awhile to mix the dough (we all get interrupted from time to time, right?), your cookie sheet may get too hot; watch it carefully and if it begins to smoke, remove the cookie sheet from the oven until you are ready to drop your biscuits. After removing the cookie sheet from the oven, tilt it slightly in all directions so that oil completely covers the sheet. The size spoon you use, will determine your biscuit size; I use a soup spoon.