Country Ham and Easy Red Eye Gravy Recipe
March 15, 2019
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Facebook Add Your CollectionAdd Your Collection
Country Ham and Easy Red Eye Gravy
- Country ham slices 1/4-inch thick
- Brown sugar
- Prepared coffee
- Cook ham slices (do not trim fat) in a hot skillet for a few minutes each side.
- If needed, add some butter.
- Chances are the ham is already pretty salty so just sprinkle with a bit of pepper.
- When ham is cooked, remove to a plate.
- To make gravy, keep all bits and pieces along with ham grease and butter in the skillet.
- Add water by the spoonful to make a sauce.
- Sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar and a few drops of coffee.
- Serve ham hot over biscuits with a spoonful of gravy over the top.