January 31, 2019
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Facebook Add Your CollectionAdd Your Collection
- 1 large head cabbage
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce can tomatoes with chilies (rotel)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pull 8 whole cabbage leaves from head and simmer in water to soften.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Place meat mixture in softened cabbage leaves and roll up.
- Place a layer of cabbage leaves (from what is left on head) in bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Place Cabbage Rolls on top.
- Cover with sauce and bake at 375 degrees, covered, for 1 hour.
- Bake uncovered at 250 degrees for 2 hours (check frequently the last hour and add water if rolls begin to dry out).
- Combine sauce ingredients in heavy boiler. Bring to boil then pour over Cabbage Rolls recipe.