Blackberry Sonker Recipe
July 20, 2018
Print Recipe Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
- 4 cups fresh blackberries washed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar divided
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat berries on stove with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Pour slightly cooked berries into square dish.
- In separate bowl combine 1 cup sugar, flour, butter and milk.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over berries, do not stir.
- Cook Blackberry Sonker at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Blackberry Sonker is a cousin to blackberry cobbler. If you are looking for a new recipe to wow your friends and family give this one a try. You can find this in our Eat & Explore North Carolina Cookbook. Order your copy today! Beignets Recipe Blackberry Cobbler Recipe Cobbler in the Crockpot Gloria’s Mouth-Watering Fruit Cobbler