Black Forest Cream Pie Recipe
August 24, 2018
Black forest cream pie recipe is made with cherries and chocolate and topped with whipped cream. An easy dessert that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.
Black Forest Cream Pie
Servings: 8Print Recipe Pin Recipe Facebook Add Your CollectionAdd Your Collection
- (9-inch) frozen pastry crust (or crumb crust) .
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream(or frozen whipped topping)
- Semisweet chocolate chips for garnish
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave on defrost cycle 30 seconds or until melted; stir to blend. In small bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until blended and then add chocolate mixture. Beat until smooth. Fold in 1 cup cherry pie filling. Set aside remaining cherry pie filling. Spread mixture into pie shell and chill 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Whip cream or use defrosted frozen whipped topping and spread over chilled pie. Spread reserved pie filling over whipped topping in a band around the outer edge of the pie and garnish the center with chocolate chips. Yield: 12 servings.
More fantastic recipes like this one can be found in Betty B's Having a Party! A Holiday Dinner Party Cookbook. Order your copy today.